Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Note From the Owners

In case any of you are interested...

Some time ago, I sent an email to the legal department at DC Comics.  I was inquiring about my rights to use their character names for this story.  I clearly explained to them that there was no profit to be made, and that I intended on self-publishing the story in paper back for friends, family, and loyal readers.  For two months, there was no response.

You may notice that the link to the site holding the paperback has been taken down.

Three weeks ago, I received a response.  In that email, the folks at DC Comics explained that even though there was no profit to be made from this story, it may cause confusion among their consumers.  They did not ask me to stop, but rather suggested I seek legal counsel before proceeding further.  I did, sort of.  A friend of a friend has some experience in copyright law and he gave me some advice.

So, I am taking that advice.  I will finish this story on the blog, the same way I started it.  I will not be selling part two in paperback form unless I miraculously receive a blessing from DC.  I am still entertaining the idea of illustrating the pages, too.  We'll see where that goes.

A new chapter is forthcoming.

Thanks,

The Author





No comments:

Post a Comment